Lead Call Center Member Service Representative
To provide value-added quality service telephonically to the membership by efficiently, accurately, and continuously handling basic and complex member transactions and questions; explains services and responds to problems; researches and fulfills basic, and complex member requests as required, including all electronic
Major Duties Responsibilities:
- Assists members with their telephone requests; answers questions about credit union products and services and resolves problems within established parameters and authorities. Ensures compliance with all credit union member service standards. Monitors the activities of the service area and staff in order to achieve superior member service. Promotes a retail sales environment by selling all credit union products and services. Required to meet and maintain minimum sales objectives assigned by management. Handles member correspondence, resolves inquiries and provides product information. Is the secondary loan officer in the call center with Level B loan underwriting authority.
- Acts as secondary loan officer in the call center for all non-branch and non-indirect loans with a Level B loan underwriting authority. Evaluates loan applications and makes credit decisions. Performs loan reviews of all call center loans to ensure compliance. Provides in-depth knowledge and skill in loan operations and servicing.
- Responsible for effectively overseeing the Call Center service area in order to deliver exceptional sales and service to the membership. Supports call center staff by handling calls when members request to speak to a supervisor or manager. Monitors activities to insure that they are in compliance with established credit union policies and procedures. Directs, motivates, and trains Call Center staff. Provides feedback to staff, supervisor, and other service centers on any issues that can improve performance. Provide feedback to supervisor on staff performance evaluations and recommends appropriate actions. Supervises the entire service center in the absence of the manger.
- Proficient in opening all credit union accounts (i.e.) new membership, checking accounts, share accounts, share certificates, IRA and loans. Proficiently provides prompt and accurate information to the member and conducts complex account research. Provides in dept level of knowledge and skill in the operational aspects of the member service area. Approve all loans within credit union guidelines and parameters.
- Supports the needs of the manager and sales division by assisting wherever needed. Promotes a retail sales environment by selling all credit union products and services. Required to meet and maintain minimum sales objectives assigned by management. Responsible for monitoring all sales activities and results in order to ensure that company sales goals are achieved. Provides feedback to staff on sales performance as it relates to sales goals.
- Maintains professional standards with all member and staff contacts, written correspondence, and overall personnel and branch appearance. Composes correspondence and communicates with members as necessary
- Maintains effective communications between branch and other service centers. Is willing to provide support to other service centers in order to achieve exceptional member service.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two to five years of similar or related experience. At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
- Previous lending and underwriting experience preferred.
- Education: Equivalent to a high school education
- Interpersonal Skills: Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of giving and obtaining information; it is essential that the incumbent have a high degree of courtesy, tact, and diplomacy, as well the ability to make decisions with minimum supervision.