How to Join
We love to welcome new members!
At Water and Power Community Credit Union we are dedicated to powering your future and enriching the community by providing quality products and services in addition to unparalleled member service and education.
You are eligible to join WPCCU if you:
- Live, work, worship, or are enrolled in a college or trade school in Los Angeles County
- Have an immediate family member (spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step-parent, step-child, step-sibling, adopted relationship, or domestic partner) who is a member of WPCCU
- Have a member of your household (person living in your same residence) who is a member of WPCCU
- Are an employee, or have a family or household member, who is an employee of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Are an employee, or have a family or household member, who is an employee of WPCCU
- Are an employee, or have a family or household member, who is an employee of our Select Employee Group
Eligible to join? Follow these steps to become a new member!
Download and complete WPCCU's membership application and bring the following items to your nearest WPCCU branch:
- Completed WPCCU membership application
- One-time membership fee of $5
- $25 minimum deposit to open a savings account, required to remain in your savings account to keep an active membership*
- $10 minimum deposit to open a checking account (optional)
- Two forms of Identification:
- Valid driver’s license or government ID*
- Secondary form of identification, such as a credit card
- If the address on your ID is not current, please bring either a utility bill or credit card bill to verify your correct address
*Unlike banks, credit unions are financial cooperatives, and each member is also a member-owner of the credit union. Members are required to have a primary savings account of $25 minimum on deposit in this account. This primary savings or “Share” account represents the member's 'share' in the credit union. Deposit amounts that exceed $25 can be transferred or withdrawn, but to maintain membership in good standing, each member must maintain a minimum deposit of $25 in their primary savings account.