Official Sweepstakes Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL ENTRIES WILL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
- CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries. Based on Water and Power Community Credit Union’s estimate of 20,000 entries, odds of winning a prize is 1:20,000; odds of winning any prize is 5:20,000.
- Sponsor: Water and Power Community Credit Union (“WPCCU,” “The Credit Union”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. WPCCU’s business address is 1053 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins 10/01/20 and ends 12/31/20. There will be five (5) drawings during the Sweepstakes period. All entries must be received by 1/8/21.
- Eligibility: To qualify for the Sweepstakes, all entrants must be at least 21 years of age and entrants who are WPCCU members must be in good standing. Water and Power Community Credit Union employees, officials and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Credit Union. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law.
- Sweepstakes Entries: Each member of Water and Power Community Credit Union with accounts in good standing (no charge offs and all payments current), who makes a purchase transaction with their WPCCU Mastercard credit card will receive one (1) automatic entry for each transaction for the chance to win. Cash advances are excluded. Alternate Sweepstakes Entries: To enter without a credit card obligation, handprint your name, street address, city, state and zip code, day and evening telephone numbers and email address on a 3” x 5” card. Entries should be mailed in a sealed envelope and postmarked by 12/31/20 to WPCCU Credit Card Sweepstakes, 1053 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90012. Only one alternate entry per member is allowed.
- Prizes: Five (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Grand Prizes are statement credits valued at $500. Drawings will take place on 10/15/20, 11/9/20, 12/9/20, and 1/9/21, at the main office of Water and Power Community Credit Union. Winners will be selected by a random drawing. Winners do not need to be present to win.
- Liability/General Rules: WPCCU is not responsible for any loss which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entrant agrees to hold WPCCU harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. WPCCU and each of its officials, employees, members, representatives, and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in this Sweepstakes. The prize cannot be substituted, converted to cash, assigned, or transferred by the winner. WPCCU reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the featured prize become unavailable for any reason. WPCCU reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules and regulations, or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Sweepstakes and redemption of a prize. WPCCU is not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with the Sweepstakes. A limit of one prize per person.
- Tax Issues: WPCCU will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winner is responsible for all tax consequences, if any, of the prize.
- Publicity Authorization: Each winner agrees to permit WPCCU to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Credit Union materials, including the WPCCU website and social media sites, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Arbitration: Notice of Binding Arbitration Agreement. Each entrant and WPCCU agrees to attempt to settle informally any disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. If that cannot be done, WPCCU and each entrant agrees that any dispute arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the America Arbitration Administration in accordance with its Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. Each entrant thus GIVES UP HIS OR HER RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend his or her rights under these Official Rules (EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to SMALL CLAIMS COURT). Each entrant's rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT. The place of arbitration shall be Los Angeles County, California. FOR MORE DETAILS, check the American Arbitration Association's website, www.adr.org, OR call the American Arbitration Association's Customer Service telephone number at (800) 778-7879.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and WPCCU in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.
- Water and Power Community Credit Union Membership Eligibility: Membership with Water and Power Community Credit Union is available to individuals who live, work, worship, or attend post-secondary school in the greater Los Angeles area, based on zip code. A one-time $5 membership fee and $25 savings balance required.